Modeling help with multiple fact table

Hello awesome talents,

I am seeking any of your great suggestions.

I am attaching a simple PBIX, where I have-

1. Table 1: Sales by Product and date (contains new product launch week, number of store selling it and avg sales per store)
  2. Table 2: Sales and weather temperature, humidity by date

I created a date table and connected both the tables. But I am unable to do any product-wise analysis to get the sales analysis in respect to the change in weather temperature.

I want your suggestion for-

1. How can I prepare the model at it’s best so that I can use all data from both the table
    (For example: What additional dimensional table I may need to make and how?
    or do it need to merge all the data from both the table, if yes how? Or what should be the best practice for this dataset?)

I want to achieve:

1. What is the sales trend in comparison to the trend of temperature and humidity? (how can I remove outliers from the sales trend if it is necesary)
  2. Which products are important to promotional focus and when to launch any promotion for these products
  3. Doing any correlation analysis of the products

I am attaching necessary PBIX and Excel file for convenience. Looking forward to have your comments on it.

[Analysis file_sharing for better data model.pbix|attachment]

1 Like

Hi @sheik_mishuk, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.
  • Search the Enterprise DNA On-demand platform to see if this topic has a tutorial video
  • When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformatted text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic
  • Provide as much context to a question as possible.
  • Include the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Please also check the How To Mask Sensitive Data thread for some tips on how to mask your pbix file.

Thanks, I got a solution myself!