Matrix Balance Sheet by month, Quarter or year

Hi everyone,
I’m trying to do a balance sheet, by month or quarter or year in a matrix. Something like this:
Capture
I need help on the technique to build something like this.
My support balance table has account id, sub category, Category and main category. Also 2 sorts columns.
Don’t know if we should merge this table with fact table or simply get values from fact table (wouldn’t know how) to this one. I’ve tried the merge option and if became very slow.
Can you guys help me on the best way to accomplish this?
Thanks a lot
Pedro

Hi @pedroccamara, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.

• When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformated text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much context to a question as possible.

• Include demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @pedroccamara

Request you to share PBIX file/sample data and provide clear explanation of the problem. I am not able to understand the exact requirement going by the statement.

Thanks
Ankit Jain

Hey @ankit
The purpose of this is to hear some opinions on how to build your model to achieve this.
“I need help on the technique to build something like this”
I’ve done it in a way, which i believe it’s not the best way and that’s why i’d like to hear some opinions.
Thanks
Pedro

Thanks for posting your question @pedroccamara. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.