Line Graph stop based on Selected Month

I have a fact table which is joined to my date dimension by date. On my page I have a Month Name Short Filter and Year Filter. I have a number of visuals on the page table , bar graphs, stacked column chart using the month filter. At the top I have 3 line graphs, Showing MTD Actuals, YTD Actuals and Actuals for previous 12 months. Line graphs have MMM-YY Axis and interaction by month is disabled to display year graphs.

I would like the graph lines to stop based on month selected. Using the existing Slicer with out having to build separate slicers.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks

Lee

Hi @LeeC, welcome to the community and thanks for posting your question here. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Maybe it will be a bit more clearer with a screen shot of my issue. This image shows the three charts and the filters. When I select the month Nov I want the line on all charts to stop at Nov and no continue for the whole year. So if I pick 2019 Jun the line in the graph will only run to jun.

Hi @LeeC

Is it possible for you to share demo pbix file with sample data.

You need to create Disconnected table. and then using that in your DAX calculation. Below is one link where you can find some details(it’s matrix but can change to graph)

Hi Thanks for your post. I was hoping that I could use the same slicer we have, which is month from the date table instead of having to use an alternative slicer as there are number of other reports on the page that are driven by the relationship with the date table.

Thanks

Lee