Wendy Zhang, considers herself a data enthusiast and a visionary biased towards action. She has spent the last 15 years of her career helping Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies discover insights and drive business results using insightful data analytics.
In this podcast episode, Wendy stresses data analytics education. She discusses with Sam the ways by which a person can learn analytics without formal education and the importance of accomplishing low-hanging fruits early on when establishing your data framework, and how these can help change the mindsets of people working for your organization.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- Wendy Zhang’s analytical background
- Theoretical data in school vs real-life analytics
- 80% of data science is spent on cleaning up the data
- Other ways that you can learn data analytics
- Main principles of data governance
- How can you utilize data as an asset?
- Mindset is one of the biggest roadblocks in data culture
- How do you identify and prioritize your data assets?
- Analytical technologies should have the ability to integrate with one another and with the existing platform
- The model is only as good as its labels
- Challenges surrounding the data governance space
- How having a single source of truth (SSOT) can benefit your organization
- Centralized vs decentralized Strategies
Tune in to Apple Podcast to listen to the whole episode.
This Analytic Mind Podcast episode is likewise available in the Enterprise DNA Education Platform.
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, leave a review, and share the podcast