Latest Data by Date shown

Okay PBI peeps. The VP of Sales has challenged me to have this dashboard present the real-time data when he opens it. So I will explain.

I have brought in the rig count data for the United States. Rigs are oil drilling rigs by customer and the count of rigs they have active drilling occurring in different parts of the country. The report is downloaded every week on a Friday. So I have a slicer that show Week Starting on a Sunday. He wants to be able to see the latest, as of the prior week when he opens up the report in Power BI service. I publish it to our MS365 suite. I have looked into DAX measures setting filters and referencing TODAY() in it but not getting the results. Any suggestions would be great or ideas. Attached are the files.

Rig counts.xlsm (1.5 MB)
Rig Data Insights.pbix (4.6 MB)

@Melissa what do think?

I created a Custom Column Called Month - Default.

if Date.MonthName( DateTime.LocalNow() ) = [Month Name] then
“Default” else [Month Name]

I’m trying to do something with Week Starting but it’s actually the previous week i’m interested in.

But with previous week or -7 instead of -1 and use week instead of month

Sounds to me like a perfect use case for Extended Date table Offsets…
If you just need the logic for that you can grab it from that Date table query as well of course.

I hope this is helpful

2 Likes

Hello @Paul.Gerber, just following up if the response from @Melissa help you solve your inquiry?

We’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since a few days ago. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.