Join the forum and introduce yourself

Hey, Anders from Norway here, working for BHGE within FP&A.
I have been using Power BI for a year or so now, and it has made a big impact on my workday.
Mainly the reporting piece where I no longer need to prepare dozens of ppts and excel-models to various perople in the organization, but also in the pure BI sense where I now easily can combine data from various sources and analyze the data much quicker than before.

The videos and membership at enterprisedna has been a big help so far and I’m looking forward to learn more in the future at this forum.

Hi Sam and all,
I am HH, work as data engineer/analyst for a mnc semicond company, based in Malaysia. Grreat to hv found this course from youtube, follow thru eventually signup to be member. Thanks to Sam, your course is practical and easy to follow, u r terrific! I’ve applied some techniques and impressed my users and senior management few times already. This is definitely a great course and I have introduced this to my peers.

HH

That’s great! All the best.

Hello all, this is Heather, from the great state of Iowa (USA). I have followed Sam’s You Tube channel for a couple of years now, and finally felt that I was ready to commit to something more. I look forward to learning with and from folks on the forum and exploring the course modules. Thank you Sam for the great resources you have gathered here!

Wellcome Heather from the Sunny State :wink:

Hi Power BI fellows,

Greetings from Bulgaria. I am glad to be part of this Power BI community and thank you, Sam, for all the contribution you are making for such Power BI enthusiasts like me :slight_smile:

Welcome into the forum. Glad to have you onboard

Hello Sam, and the rest of the folks at EnterpriseDNA.

I’m not only new here, but new to PowerBi. I work for Paraclete Mission Group, a non-profit organization. Like other non-profits, we can find ourselves behind the curve when it comes to using technology. My goal is to get us up to speed as soon as possible.

I kind of bit off more than I could chew by committing to PowerBi for our budgeting needs for this year. I’m already over my head but decided to join EnterpriseDNA to help move us forward.

I MUST learn PowerBi to get the job done - there is no going back – literally. I will learn as I go, by trial and fire – and with Sam’s help, and the fine members of EnterpriseDNA.

Hope to see you around!

John

Hello Sam,
I am excited to join the Enterprise DNA community! I just recently joined the University of Louisville, in Louisville, KY (USA) … home of the Kentucky Derby, and we are just beginning to role out Power Bi as a self-service analytics tool. I am very good with Excel but do not have extensive knowledge or history in working with Access, Power Pivots, SQL, etc. Therefore, I have a learning curve to overcome to gain the benefits that Power Bi offers. FORTUNATELY, I found your videos and tutorials!! Your content is amazing!!! The best I have found.

My focus is Higher Education. I look forward to any content you can create around Higher Education analytics. We don’t have “sales” per se and I don’t have “simple” sales tables with cost per product to calculate margin, and so on. However, the principals you teach still apply to enrollment (sales), faculty cost (product cost) - and I am looking forward to the challenge of applying these principals to, hopefully, create some really cool reports.

Thank you for sharing your insight into unlocking the power of Power BI. The content you are providing is exceptionally useful.

Best,
Mike Marquette

Welcome Mike, thanks for the note

My name is Adil, working in Dubai for the last 12 years, having experienced on different platforms and tools like SAP BO, Tableau, SSAS (Multidimenisonal and Tabular) and Dimenisonal modeling. Previously working with Unilever in Pakistan, Rotterdam and England (Gatwick).

Hi everyone

I am Krishnan from India and work as an Independent ERP / CRM Consultant. I have some exposure to BI and am excited to be a part of this forum. Looking forward to keep learning and thanks to Sam for creating this platform.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Shing from Hong Kong.

I work in a garment manufacturing company to manage a small development team for an in-house ERP system using RPG language.

Our company also started to have a retail business in HK, China & Japan last year.
We have started using Power BI to build some reports from POS system for the operational users.

I learn all of the knowledge by watching Sam’s video on YouTube.

I’m hoping this forum will be a place to learn, share ideas and techniques, and demystify the world of Power BI.

Regards,

Shing