New Enterprise DNA Initiatives

Join the forum and introduce yourself

To all our newest members / scholars / interns:

Welcome to the Enterprise DNA Support Forum! The whole Enterprise DNA Community is excited to collaborate and learn advanced Power BI techniques with you.

Here you’ll be able to converse with different Power BI experts from around the world, collaborate with different users to create Power BI projects and dashboards, and ask for support for errors that you may encounter when creating your reports.

Before you start diving into the different Support Forum topics, hope you can share a little bit about yourself by replying to this thread below. We would love to know more about you - what you do, where you’re from, and what you like most about Power BI.

@lwoolfson

@nsoso

@riley141186

@kvandenbruel

@Multiverse76

@yiksan

@cli29

@Khalid

@NamiqQuluzade

@nakazimli

@targulukhasiyev

@Amy.Owen

@Tim.Hillerby

@ShawnG

@dianacmaria

Also, as part of the onboarding process, we would like you to:

1. Fill out the form in the Where in the World is Enterprise DNA? thread.
  2. Invite you to the Enterprise DNA Community Event wherein you can join Sam for a private Zoom call and ask him anything about Enterprise DNA. You can simply register through this link.

See you next year and we’re looking forward to more engagements with you here in the Support Forum!

Hello Everyone,

I am Eric Smith. I work in the Houston Med Center for Baylor College of Medicine. When I was hired, almost 2 years ago, all analysts used an OLAP Cube to pull information (extremely painful) into Excel.

The CFO wanted eyes in the sky and a better way of doing things. Myself and another man joined the department and started linking excel sheets to SQL Queries and building Power BI Reports so fewer hours had to be spent each month manually making reports.

I have learned a lot about Power BI in that time and the top brass is so impressed with Power BI capabilities and our team adoption of it (it started with 2 of us and now we are up to 7 members on the team). I hope to be able to learn some new tricks here and fill in the gaps in my knowledge. We learned it on our own time, only having 3 people to bounce ideas off of and figure out our issues and resolve them.

Happy to be here!

1 Like

I’m Victor
I work as an IT Business Analyst for Crescent Crown Distributing. One of the 10 largest beer distributors in the US.

Been working with PowerBI, self-taught, for almost 3 years. What I like best about PowerBI is the ease of use. Yes, there is a learning curve, as with any software, but PowerBI is updated monthly and I cross my fingers that something I wish for is added.

Excited to have finally talked my boss into signing us up for this. I’ve gone thru all the you-tube stuff, now I’m ready for more formal training and a certificate at the end :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to the Enterprise DNA Support Forum! The whole Enterprise DNA Community is excited to collaborate and learn advanced Power BI techniques with you.

Here you’ll be able to converse with different Power BI experts from around the world, collaborate with different users to create Power BI projects and dashboards, and ask for support for errors that you may encounter when creating your reports.

Before you start diving into the different Support Forum topics, hope you can share a little bit about yourself by replying to this thread below. We would love to know more about you - what you do, where you’re from, and what you like most about Power BI.

@Tee1
@jbenjames
@jhumberto020
@jguercio
@Lesuav
@Roger
@chiepner
@sriley
@kate.a.cobbinah
@afzalshariff
@theericsmith
@Andrea
@Jonesy1466
@akkypac
@houssem.elaidi
@mbrose777
@zaib.furrukh
@amira.bedhiafi.pro

Also, as part of the onboarding process, we would like you to:

1. Fill out the form in the Where in the World is Enterprise DNA? thread.
  2. Invite you to the Enterprise DNA Community Event wherein you can join Sam for a private Zoom call and ask him anything about Enterprise DNA. You can simply register through this link.

See you on January 19! We’re looking forward to more engagements with you here in the Support Forum!

1 Like

:mega::mega: Look who’s here ! Amira’s here !
Hi guys ! I’m a data engineer and a start-up consultant from Tunisia.
Hum … ? What is it ?
I help move a specific aspect of the start-ups forward by using their data in the right way !
What about you ?
:point_right:Let’s connect on LinkedIn : https://bit.ly/2JUJti0

hi everyone, I’m Abdelkader from Algeria I’m accountant i work daily with excel , very very interested to power bi (started using it 3 years ago), and share ideas from others

Hi, I’m Alex from the UK and have been using Power BI for over a couple of years now for various company analytics, some circulated via the Power BI portal and some publish-to-web.

Although I’ve had some training and am a member of the London Power BI Users Group, there still seems so much to learn, especially on the DAX and UX side.

Looking forward to learning, improving and hopefully even mentoring!

Welcome Chad, you’ll be able to up your game in all areas here.

Enjoy

DJ

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Im Paul and from New Zealand. I have had a career in IT for many years and recently transitioned to a new role as a Finance and Preformance Anaylst on a new contract with our local council.
Within my new role I have developed Power BI reports that are really aiding in decision making and support of the operational part of the business. Up to now we have been mainly using flat files however looking to integrate with our data warehouse so looking to gain some new skills in this area.

Cheers and feel free to touch base!

Paul

2 Likes

Welcome Paul!

Glad to hear you are looking to integrate with your data warehouse. Connecting to a well built data warehouse can definitely take a lot of query editor challenges away :slight_smile: .

Looking forward to hearing from you on the forum.

Hi, I’m Ann from UK and I have been using power BI for just 3 months. Transitioning from Tableau. I must admit it’s has not really been a smooth journey but I intend to learn quickly.

Hoping to learn a lot from this platform and share ideas with others.

1 Like

@LASHBURN
@ericet19
@Abhijeet
@yoshitsugu.takahashi
@Harish_Mishra
@chantel.miller
@fredawah
@ericet
@luis.bustos
@luis.rodriguez
@nicole.dickie
@elizabeth.chandler
@nancy.storey
@peknym
@Bo23ny
@Sophia.Lin
@ken.shiraishi
@Barry.Allison
@mizuho.kawanishi
@waynechantiga
@gideon.dorrington
@jean.zhang
@ahmad.almadani
@Lorennzo_empowerdata
@Empowerdata
@ab250
@asabzevari
@antonio81m
@shannon.erickson
@Mariano
@Analytics.Admin
@caroles
@rachael.stack
@amitchauhanpce
@jca
@Payal9
@mattduffyzz
@mark.gatenby
@kwatanabe
@ANSHUMAN

Also, as part of the onboarding process, we would like you to invite you to the Enterprise DNA Community Event wherein you can join Sam for a private Zoom call and ask him anything about Enterprise DNA. You can simply register through this link.

See you on January 19! We’re looking forward to more engagements with you here in the Support Forum!

Hi everyone, my name is Laura. I live in the Great Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina. I’ve been a programmer for 25 years and am really enjoying learning Power BI.

1 Like

Marc here from Saint Louis. I’m just getting beyond the hack-n-crack way through Power BI and trying to put some order into my existing models made in hack-n-crack mode and to better future reports. Still trying to get going on all thrusters, but at least a few are lit!

Marc