Importing data with new columns in power query

Hi there,

Let say I have two excel files with similar columns and I import these files through Power Query using the Folder method, now when I add a third file, I have an additional column. How can I add this to my appended data automatically, is there a workaround or M code manipulation that anyone knows.

Much appreciated.
Mustafa

Hi @chris786, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.

• When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformated text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much context to a question as possible.

• Include demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @chris786,

Check out this article by Chris Webb.

I hope this is helpful.
But if you need further assistance please provide a PBIX with some Sample Data files. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @chris786, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!

I think I found the solution using Excel.Workbook([Content]) custom column.

Thanks,