How to show variance from one year to the next

Hello EDNA Forum Good Day!

What I’m trying to accomplish:

Looking for a way to show the prior year variance between each grouping and have the ability to sort in descending order by PY$
Please advise of any additional questions
Much appreciate your time!

Thank you
Attachment:

eDNA Solution - Sample Data Measures for CY_PY.pbix (109.8 KB)

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

Hi @ambidextrousmentally - Requirement is not clear. Can you elaborate further.

Thanks
Ankit J

Hello Ankit J

I hope the additional information below provides the clarity you need.

Per the .pbix attached,

Screenshot 1

Re: vs PY highlighted below, I’m trying to add a vs PY column in the matrix for Screenshot 2

image.png

Screenshot 2

Also, wondering if I can reverse the month year in the matrix, per the attached .pbix

The current view is 202201 vs 202301

How would I change to 202301 vs 202201?

image.png

Much appreciate your time!

Thank you

Hello Ankit J

Uploaded a new sample .pbix with measure for Actual/CY$

Please advise of any additional questions.
Regards,

eDNA Solution - Sample Data Measures for CY_PY_Updated.pbix (110.0 KB)

Hello @ankit

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your help on this post - your contributions to our community are truly appreciated!

At this point, it’s been 10 days since the original post, and we’re wondering if we can go ahead and close this thread. If you are still actively working on this inquiry, please let us know, and we’d be happy to keep the thread open.

Otherwise, we suggest closing the thread to keep our forum organized and ensure that we are providing timely assistance to our community members. Of course, if you or anyone else has any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thank you again for your help, and we hope to hear back from you soon!

Best regards,

Hi @ambidextrousmentally - Please find the solution attached. I have created a new Date Table and added few columns to do it.

eDNA Solution - Sample Data Measures for CY_PY_Updated (1).pbix (182.7 KB)

Thanks
Ankit J

1 Like

Hi @ambidextrousmentally

Due to inactivity, we’d like to conclude that your inquiry was out of the experts’ and users’ bounds.

If you were sure you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education, so we advise that you check these resources as well.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!