How to create dynamic tooltips display for a bar chart

I would like to create a dynamic tooltips display (concate a string) for a bar chart when a selection is made.

Dax Formula:

Shift dynamic ToolTips = 
VAR sel = VALUES(CollectDetails[ShiftSelection])
RETURN if ( ISFILTERED(CollectDetails[ShiftSelection]), CONCATENATEX(sel, CollectDetails[ShiftSelection], ", ") , BLANK() )

I added this measure into tooltips section of the bar chart control.

But for some reason the Tooltips is not working. Could be the IsFilter() context can’t apply in Bar Chart visual?

Could someone please help me ?

Complete PBIX attached.

PAS-New- AccessNumber attempt - from SAM.pbix (1.1 MB)

Hi @akiko_lim, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.

• When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformated text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much context to a question as possible.

• Include demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi,
Can you tell what exactly should be visible on the bar chart and is the visual interaction should be highlight or can be changed to filter in filter its appearing.

Hi Anurug,

The bar chart tooltips should display the Shift information (as you had shown in the pic) when “shift” is selected in the table. When nothing is selected in the table, then this Toolstips should show “blank” = nothing.

thanks for looking into it.

Have you looked into using the below techniques

Hi,
You can use tooltips page like the below image

sol

PAS-New- AccessNumber attempt - from SAM.pbix (1.1 MB)

Hi @Anurag, did the response provided by contributors help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Hi,
@EnterpriseDNA i think you by mistake mark me in this comment i am the one who try to solve the issue raised by the above user.So pls ask the user who raised this issue to marked it solve .

Thanks.

Thanks Sam & Anurag:
Sorry for my late reply. Looks like the only way to solve this “filter context” issue is by using the customized tooltips.

Appreciate your help. Let me propose back to the product owner. Thanks again. :slight_smile: