How much is too much data

Nearly too good, its never ending especially when this side of the work is only a 1/3rd of your job I spend 110% in BI at present trying to get up the curve because one you do its a different ball game.

Thanks again

@Melissa,

I hope you are well today and sorry to ask you as you helped more than enough. What code would you write in a blank query to take in a spreadsheet with 2 tabs in it. The spreadsheet needs no transformation at all it can just come in exactly as it is so not need to add columns etc like the last time.

However this is a large file and my current linking to excel direct is so slow to load I thought a query would work far better but have no idea how to write that.

Thank you

Hi @Ronan,

Please try to avoid asking “new questions” in already closed threads and in future create a new topic instead. Two main reasons for that:

1. Makes it more likely you will get a response because generally no one looks for closed topics to answer :wink:
  2. Makes the question easier to find for future reference by other members, when they encounter or experience something similair.

So as I understand it:

• you have 1 large excel file
  • this contains 2 sheets you need to bring in, into separate tables
  • no transformations are required on either tables (except for probably setting appropriate column data types…)

I’d go for: saving both sheets as CSV’s and connect to that OR use a dataflow.
I hope this is helpful

1 Like

Thanks on both comments there.

Have a great day

1 Like