Highlighting a value in table visual based on Name

Hello everyone,

I have a very simple table visual (sorry i am not able to upload pic here) with Store Manager, Total Orders.

I want to highlight the Store Manager name based on Logged in user. Conditional formatting option doesn’t help me with it.

E.g. my logged in user is “John”. I want to highlight John cell with yellow.

Any ideas ?

I don’t believe there is any simple way to do this.

Depending on the complexity around the number of users I would have a good think about if this is worth doing it this particular way.

The only way I can think about doing this currently is with the USERNAME function

Then going through the conditional formatting area and setting rules for each persons username.

Honestly I wouldn’t do this myself as to much overhead and areas where this could go wrong.

Maybe there’s a better way, but I just can’t think of it right now.

Thanks
Sam

1 Like

Thanks. I have used a similar work-around. I have created a measure that identifies if “Store Manager” name matches with USERPRINCIPLENAME().

I had to create an additional table with Store Manager and their email address. Based on the measure, I have used conditional formatting on the Store Manager.

It’s not straight but i don’t know if there is an easier way to do this !!

Regards,

Grace

Thanks to the contributors of this post. Due to the length by which this post has been active, we are tagging it as Solved. For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread.