Guide to DNA platform

Hello,

I am new to the DNA platform and I am wondering if there is a course where I can learn how to create a robust power BI structure. By robust I mean, best practices to avoid duplicates datasources, etc.

I am a user of Power BI and I have created a few dashboards for the company I work for but when I have to make a change on the Sales data source, I have to make the change on multiples PBI files but at the end, It is the same source of information.

Hello @ArgenisRosario, and thank you for adding your question to the Community Forum.

Based on your the description in your question, you’re referring to Power BI Dataflows, essential for maintaining a single source of truth and allowing for reusability and scalability. Utilizing Dataflows in Power BI comes with many benefits. Power BI Dataflows are crucial to the success of BI in any organization and serve as a key pillar for implementing Power BI.

EnterpriseDNA has been committed to raising awareness about Dataflows through courses, videos, blogs, and forum posts for the past several years.

Please take some time to watch the video, read through the Forum post and Blog post provided to understand why Dataflows in PowerBI are so great and why you should also consider using them. As for a specific course, I would encourage you to check out the EnterpriseDNA Learning Center.

:white_check_mark: If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the Solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
:+1: Did it contribute positively towards finding the final Solution? Please give it a like.

Thanks for the reply @ystroman. I looked at the blog and the video and all is more clear now. Sad that I did not about Dataflows early!!.

Can you answer another question?
Is it possible to create a general measures table in Dataflows?

So, I hear you say:
" You want to consume the Dataflow and publish a dataset containing all
measures and business logic so other reports can then use this.

Sigh. Afraid Dataflows won’t do that for you.

Yes, you can talk Datamarts like Matthew Roach, but remember, Dataflows build reusable and shareable data prep for items in Power BI. or mart and not the downstream Report.

Dataflows provide reusable extract, transform, and load (ETL). Tables can’t be browsed, queried, or explored without a dataset but can be defined for reuse. The data is exposed in Power BI or CDM format if you bring your own data lake. Dataflows are used by Power BI to ingest data into your Datamarts. You should use Dataflows whenever you want to reuse your ETL logic.

1 Like