So I know I can just select the column in Power BI and create groups but I really want to do it on the query editor side so that it shows up in the logic. Or is there a Switch True that would be better for this? When dealing with ranges I have not had much lunch.
Using the below table I want to be able to say:
- If the Code falls between 6111 and 6759 then call this 1 - Revenue. ’
- If the code falls between 7002 and 7050 then call this 3 - Salary Expenses.
- If the code falls between 7120 and 7720 then call this 4 - Operational Expenses.
- If the code is 7770 and the Function is 20 then call this 5 - Scholarship Expenses.
- If the code is between 7770 and 7780 and the Function is 10 then call this 2- Institutional Funded Scholarships.
|1 - Revenue||6111 - 6759||NA||Revenue|
|3 - Salary Expenses||7002 - 7050||NA||Expense|
|4 - Operational Expenses||7120 - 7720||NA||Expense|
|4 - Operational Expenses||7850 - 8100||NA||Expense|
|5 - Scholarship Expenses||7770 - 7770||20||Expense|
|2 - Institutionally Funded Scholarships||7770 - 7780||10||Revenue|