Getting the data from onedrive and google drve

Hi,

How can I fatch the data from onedrive and google drive into query editor.

Regards,
Husain

@husainarif,

I think you’ll find these two videos to be helpful in answering your question:

• Brian
2 Likes

@husainarif

The short version for OneDrive:

You are going to need to retrieve the “resid” and “authkey” from the Excel file you want to access by going to your OneDrive file, right-click, click “Embed”, in the pop-out click “Generate” which will generate the “resid” and “authkey” that is embedded in the generated iframe code.

It will look something like this:
resid=DDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
authkey=DDxx-xxXXxxxxXx&em=x

Add the generated “resid” and “authkey” to the link below, replacing the XXX.
https://onedrive.live.com/download?resid=XXX&authkey=XXX&app=Excel

In Power BI, from “Get Data” choose “Web” and enter the URL.

1 Like

Hi @husainarif, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 15th of March. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Hi,
my apologies for the delayed response, I was travelling and therefore count not reply.

I was successful in getting data from google sheet but not able to get the data from onedrive for business, I was getting the error “Unable to connect, Access to the remote is forbidden”

And for one drive personal, it was connecting but it says no tables found in the sheet.

I would be really thankful I you can assist me in this.

Many Thanks,
Husain

Here’s an article on how to resolve that specific error.

• Brian

Hi,
I was successfully able to connect an individual sheet from onedrive personal and business both. Now my question is, can we get the data from all the sheets in the onedrive folder (personal and business both). My client put a seperate file for the sales data for every month in that folder.

I have found some videos which explain how to get the same from onedrive business but I have found nothing on onedrive personal.

Please if you can advise.

Regards,
Husain

Hi @husainarif, we’ve noticed that you posted on an inactive and previously tagged solved topic. For more visibility please start a new topic within the forum. You may check this how-to guide for reference - How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951