Formatted measure not displaying correctly

I have a measure in which I formatted to show as a percentage with one decimal, but it shows as currency in my Matrix. How do I fix this?

Hi @Usates, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.
  • When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformatted text </>.
  • Use the proper category that best describes your topic
  • Provide as much context to a question as possible.
  • Include the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Please also check the How To Mask Sensitive Data thread for some tips on how to mask your pbix file.

My measure is formatted to show currency, but within the measure, I have a “containsrow” statement that will need to return a measure that is a percentage. Can I format part of a measure to return a format different then the measure it is within?

Yes, this is possible, using the DAX function FORMAT
https://info.enterprisedna.co/dax-function-guide/format/

One word of caution with this method is that you will be turning your numbers into text with the appearance of properly formatted numbers. This means you will lose the ability to properly sort by the total results in the table.

I believe you will need to apply the currency format in the measure as well.

As a suggestion in the future, it often helps to have a mockup of your report attached to a question, that can often make it more clear to posters what you are looking for. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Usates, did the response provided by @Heather help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Hi @Usates, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 27th of December. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Thank you. I could get it to work.

1 Like