Financial Week Help Please

Hi All,

I am trying to build Financial Week Calendar in Power Bi but I need your help as I am not getting the correct answer. I have build calendar from 01/04/2018 to 31/03/2019.

I have created a column with Weeknumber starting on Sunday and then I have written DAX to give me
week. financial

Unfortunately the formula is not quite right as 31/03/2019 is week 1 but it should be week 53.

Please watch the following video from Sam on how to setup a Date Table. I will attach the JSON file as well that he uses in the video.

Power BI Date Table code.txt (2.8 KB)

Thanks
Enterprise%20DNA%20Expert%20-%20Small

unfortunately this code doesn’t solve my issue as you don’t provide financial week there.

I need to set up Financial Week and I am nearly able to do it (see screen shot) but my formula needs to be adjusted somehow and I will appreciate help.

I don’t know how to adjust the formula to mate 31/03/2019 week 53 as 01/04/2019 is my week 1 .

Here is one way to do it. Will need a Fiscal Day column first, then can do a column for Fiscal Week.
On the Fiscal Day column this is for a company who’s fiscal year starts in April, so change the 4 to the appropriate month to get the correct result.

Fiscal Day =
'Calendar'[Date]
    - DATE ( ( 'Calendar'[Fiscal Year] - 1 ), 4, 1 ) + 1

Fiscal Week =
ROUNDUP ( 'Calendar'[Fiscal Day] / 7, 0 )

Thanks

calendar.pbix (114.7 KB)

I think I’ve done it. Thank you.

Please see attached file :slight_smile:

Looks good! Make sure you change the formatting though for Fiscal Day & Fiscal Week Columns to “Whole Number”. I believe you had Fiscal Day set as Date/Time, and other was a Decimal#. Here is updated file, and I have added a few extra columns you may want as well.

Date Table- Fiscal Year Test.pbix (115.6 KB)

Thanks

Thank you very much !

1 Like

Make sure that you mark this as a solved solution, this helps us figure out which questions have been solved.

Thanks