Financial Statement Bold Row

Hi,

I followed through the EDNA financial reporting videos and would like to make certain rows bold or colored.

Total Revenue, COGS, etc are calculated measures (not a subtotal). Is there a way I can make them stand out by making them bold or adding color.

Thanks!

Hi @GP1234, welcome to the Forum! :slight_smile:

We aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources-- Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

Not completing your data may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @GP1234
I’ve spent a lot of time over the last couple of years revamping our Management accounting in Power BI.

With Microsoft’s standard stuff this proved back then and still does prove difficult. However there is a custom visual approved by microsoft called Financial Profit Matrix by ProfitBase.

This visual is fantastic at bold, italics, borders, number formatting, back and font colors. It can even do calculations on the fly although I’ve had no need to test it.

Give it a go

Pete

2 Likes

@GP1234 ,

Building off of @BINavPete ‘s excellent suggestion, there’s another new custom Power BI visual that provides some amazing formatting and analysis capabilities for financial reporting called Inforiver. Here’s a link to their website where you can download and test the beta version, as well as a deep-dive video they did on Reed Havens’ YouTube channel demonstrating the capabilities of the visual:

• Brian
2 Likes

Hi @GP1234, did the response provided by the users and experts help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Thank you for the suggestions. Thought these seem like a great tool, I’m not trying to buy a template. All I’m looking for is a way to bold/color certain row.
Any code, advice or work around?

Thanks

1 Like

@GP1234 ,

Please take look at the following thread, where I worked through this issue with another member - I think it will get you exactly where you want to go with this.

• Brian
2 Likes

Just a heads up @GP1234. The Financial Profit Matrix by Profit base does come as a free version and it’s all we’re using in in house - no watermarks or nags to buy it.

Pete

2 Likes

Hi @GP1234, did the response provided by the users and experts help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @GP1234, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since July 30. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Thank you everyone.
Special thanks to @BrianJ !