Latest Enterprise DNA Initiatives

Finance Ecosystem

Strong group here.

Anyone have any interesting data scenarios they are dealing with within the Finance area at the moment?

Markets related?

COVID related?

Add any interesting images or links to things you’ve seen around the web that can add value.

Sam

Hi. I wanted to share something that, for me, was a great insight and ‘leap forward’.

We have an investment BI with some 160 stocks from around the world. Each has a different dividend allocation frequency. Each month we track stock prices, dividends per share rates and of course, also log dividends received, yeilds etc. We also track purchases and sales, often of the same stocks. So quite a lot going on…

I already track current dividend per share and compare it to the previous dividend per share (frequencies are bespoke to each stock) - but some dividend allocations also fluctuate, ie 6 months large dividend, 2nd 6 months smaller dividend. So just comparing to the previous dividend was misleading.

So, I created a visual just showing the % change compared to the same period last year, by doing the following:

measure 1 the last declared dividend per share (divided by the frequency) to create a monthly dividend.

measure 2 the same measure, same period previous year

measure 3 - the difference
measure 4 - % changes

And of course, the column chart visual can is filtered by stock type so that we can easily look at groups of stocks or individual ones.

It took me a while to get my head around what I needed to do, but now I have, it’s a mega useful insight.