Filter not changing (Card - Measure)

I’ve got a Measure created where I’m filtering in the measure using <>

It seems when I create a measure using that logic it can’t be filtered by any other table. I’m sure there is some logic there that I don’t understand.

I’ve attached the PBX and Excel file.

I would like the card to update when i click on the Task State.
eDNA Measure Understanding.pbix (21.2 KB)
Source Data Measures.xlsx (17.1 KB)

1 Like

Hello @chad.sharpe ,
Thank you very much for posting your query in the forum. I’m going to check your example file and see if I can help you.
By the way, have you been able to see the solution I shared for the area chart with two colors?

Regards,

Hi @chad.sharpe,
You can modify the measure as follows:

SQL Action Items - JAFP =
CALCULATE(
   'Test File'[Total Tasks],
   'TestFile'[DataSource] = "SQL",
    KEEPFILTERS( 'Test File'[Task State] <> "Closed Complete" )
)

While CALCULATE filters replace the current context, KEEPFILTERS adds filters to the current context.

Regards,

eDNA Measure Understanding_JAFP.pbix (22.7 KB)

1 Like

Thanks,
I also got it to work with adding a “Filter” measure. I guess that works similar to keep filter.

I did review your last post and i liked the effort to add the color but I was hoping to have both the area and numbers aligned with the correct color. Although I really wanted that area chart i decided to move on from it because i couldn’t get it to align just as i needed

Hello @chad.sharpe,
I’m glad you were able to solve it.
When you say you need to align the values and color of the area, do you mean this image?

Regards,

By align I mean i also wanted the data labels to align by color along with the graph.