Excel Workout 14 - Workday & Networkdays Functions!

Welcome to Excel Workout #14!
Difficulty Level:

This week’s challenge is designed to test your knowledge on Workday & Networkdays Functions.

WORKDAY
The WORKDAY function in Excel is a financial function that calculates the date that is a specified number of working days (or business days) before or after a given date. It takes into account weekends and any specified holidays, which can be excluded from the calculation.

NETWORKDAYS
The NETWORKDAYS function in Excel is a financial function that calculates the number of working days between two dates, excluding weekends and specified holidays. It can be used to calculate the number of business days for a project or to determine the number of workdays between two dates for various purposes, such as payroll or billing.

Goals
Please follow the directions given below, which include downloading the Excel worksheet required to perform the challenge tasks. Once you have completed the download, proceed to take the challenge and test your skills.

Task

• Determine the initial date of the project, which
    should be seven working days later than the contract
    signing date.

• Indicate the length of the project in both regular
    calendar days and working days.

Submission
Reply to this post with your formula code and solution file. Please be sure to blur or hide your formula code.

Period
This workout will be released on Thursday May 11, 2023 , and the author’s solution will be posted on Wednesday May 17, 2023 .

Challenge #14.xlsx (8.3 MB)

Good luck,

Ilgar Zarbaliyev

Hi @IlgarZarbaliyev,

Please find attached file and formula used in the file

Calculate Project Start Date:
=WORKDAY(C2,7)
Calculate Duration (Calendar Days):
=DATEDIF(D2,E2,“d”) (Column D is Project Start Date, Column E is Project End Date)

Calculate Working Days )
=NETWORKDAYS(D2,E2) (Column D is Project Start Date, Column E is Project End Date)

Summary

File Attached:

Excel Workout Challenge #14 Keith Smith.xlsx (8.3 MB)

Thanks for the workout.
Keith

1 Like

[details="Summary"]
[spoiler]
=WORKDAY.INTL($C2,7,)
=DAYS($E2,$D2)
=NETWORKDAYS.INTL($D2,$E2,1,)
[Munachi_Challenge #14.xlsx|attachment](upload://2fRJTXjCfvoVvldN9b6dQgztzUR.xlsx) (8.3 MB)
[/spoiler]
[/details]

1 Like
Summary

Project Start Date =WORKDAY(C2,7)
Duration (Calendar Days)= DAYS(E2,D2)
Duration (Working Days)=NETWORKDAYS(D2,E2)

1 Like

I think this could be the answers:

Project Start Date: =WORKDAY(C2,7)
Duration (Calendar Days): =1+E2-D2
P.D. I add 1 to the number of calendar days, because the first working day must be taken into account. To make it clear, if a project starts and ends on the same day, it should be counted as 1 working day, not 0.
Duration (Working Days) =NETWORKDAYS(D2,E2)
P.D. Here it is not necessary to add 1, because the function places the number 1 automatically (you can test this by placing the same date at the start and end of the project, the result will be 1).

Blessings!

Challenge #14.xlsx (411.5 KB)

1 Like

Project Start Date: =WORKDAY(C2,7)
Duration (Calendar Days) = E2-D2
Duration Working Days = =NETWORKDAYS(D2,E2)

1 Like

Thank you for participating in the Excel Challenge related to Workday & Networkdays Functions! I hope you found this challenge to be a fun and engaging way to improve your Excel skills and learn more about how to work with Workday & Networkdays Functions in Excel.

Here is my solution to Workout #14:

Challenge #14 with Solution.xlsx (8.3 MB)

Once again, thank you for participating in this Excel Challenge, and I look forward to seeing you in future challenges and learning opportunities!

Formula for Contract Signing Date: =WORKDAY($C2,7)

Formula for Duration (Calendar Days): =DAYS(E2,D2)+1

Formula for Duration (Working Days): =NETWORKDAYS(D2,E2)

Snapshot of the solution:

Here’s my workout file: Challenge #14.xlsx (8.3 MB)

1 Like
Summary

Project Start Date =WORKDAY(C2,7)
Duration (Calendar Days) =DAYS(E2,D2)
Duration (Working) Days =NETWORKDAYS(D2,E2)

1 Like