• Client A has X amount of customers.
• Every month X customers send a PDF statement to Client A (the format of the statement varies from customer to customer and is not universal).
• Although each PDF statement differs in design, it contains similar data which is to used to populate 4 tables within Power BI on a monthly basis (e.g Sales, Products, Customer, Costs)
• Each month the data including historical and new statements will be sourced into these Power BI tables and then the data analysis can begin.
• Whilst the data probably should be loaded into a DB and sourced from there, I was flirting with the idea of creating a folder for each customer and using power Query to bulk upload on a monthly basis and ETL.
Does anyone -
• see any issues with this?
• think it is possible?
• have a better idea?
• and have a suggestion on how this could be achieved?