Error Connecting to Excel file in OneDrive

Dear sir,

I use the web connection to connect to the excel file in onedrive, pasted the URL link (removing ?web=1). But I am getting a error “Unable to Connect, Access to the resource is forbidden”. Please guide how can I solve this problem.

Moreover is there a way to connect to all the files in a folder on onedrive.

Regards,
Husain

there are some useful tips in this thread:

Hi @husainarif You can use One drive for business to connect your report .it is very easy to connect .

Connect to files stored in OneDrive for your Power BI workspace

Thank you

Hi @husainarif , the error is very common and can occur while connecting OneDrive/SharePoint list to Excel or Power BI.

In Excel, click Data > Get Data > Data Source Settings , click Clear all permissions.

2 On the Data tab, click Get Data , choose From Other Sources > From OData Data Feed.

3. Under  **1. Location of the data feed** , in the  **Link**  box, type the website address (URL) for your Project Web App instance, followed by:  **/_api/ProjectData/** .

4. When you try to connect your data source, it will allow you to reenter your credential. Select  **Organizational account** , choose the site collection under drop-down,  **Sign in** >  **Connect** .

For reference, please check the following post:

“Access to the resource is forbidden” while connecting Sharepoint to Power BI

Issue with Excel import

Thanks,

Gifted

Hi @husainarif, did the response provided by the experts help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Hi @husainarif, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!