Eliminate sorting columns for your master calendar

The requirement to apply a sort column for the non-numeric columns was a bit of a pain. its easy to forget so I resolved this by creating a standardized dashboard with a master calendar, master clock and power queries but now thanks to our friends at SQLBI we can apply custom formats to date columns.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting your question @markperrone. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

This wasn’t a question but more tips/tricks. Let me know if I need to post elsewhere (or feel free to move it with your mighty admin powers :grinning: ) Still getting used to the forum.

a nice option for optimizing the one table that no PowerBi model should be without :smile:
One trick that will help for the forum algorithm to not mark messages like this as needing more information is to create the post, and then immediately after respond to it, and use your response to mark it as solved.

You have probably seen this technique used by many of the EnterpriseDNA Experts, and other frequent posters on the forum. (the reason to create the second post is that you can’t mark the original post as the solution :wink: )