Drillthrough Question

Hi everyone,
I have a table that, shows me daily sales, sales LY and sales L2Y, after i choose the year, month, company and sales office. Like this one :slight_smile:
Capture5
Now the “issue” here is that if i choose any value from the first column, Total sales, it’s ok but it’s not ok if i choose any other value…which i believe it makes sense becasue i only have one measure in that drill through page.
Is there any way of doing this, choose another value (in this case from LY or L2Y)? I’ve tried to add Year and Month fields and didn’t work.
Thanks in advance
PEdro

Hi @pedroccamara, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.

• When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformated text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much context to a question as possible.

• Include demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

1 Like

can you share your pbix

Hi @pedroccamara, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 20th of July. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Hello!!!
Yes I would like some help and think I did everything that you recommend, as always. Please, let me know if I forgot to do something.
As for sending a copy of my pbi, this file has a very long data model and I think, I may be wrong, it’s pretty clear the help I need from my previous post. But as I said, I may be wrong.
Thanks anyway for reminding me.
Best regards
Pedro

To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread @pedroccamara.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question. More details can be found here - https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/asking-questions-on-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/30

Well…i believe i was clear enough about what i needed from you guys…twice. It’s ok, really.
Thanks

@pedroccamara

Because your question in this instance is about how to make a drillthrough problem work, it really is necessary to see what the two pages of your report look like - both the page you are drilling FROM and the page you are drilling TO.

I understand that you are not able to post your original model due to complexity, but can you create something small, such as the attached version (which I built in about 5 minutes) to demonstrate what the problem looks like. Believe me, when the forum members are asking for a sample of your model, there is generally a good reason. :slight_smile:

Drillthrough using Measures.pbix (24.2 KB)

Hello @Heather
" Believe me, when the forum members are asking for a sample of your model, there is generally a good reason"
I totally understand and it didn’t cross my mind otherwise. For real.
My visual has already a drillthrough running. The real question here is to drillthrough for other years than only this year which is already running. And because i’m not an expert the answer i expected is just 1 or 2 lines about what i should do and have to make it work. I want to learn, you know.
Many thanks for your answer.
Best regards
Pedro

Take a look at the sample I attached, I suspect your problem is that you are not showing the other years on the drillthrough page. But without seeing the model, I can only guess.

1 Like

Hey @Heather.
First of all, thank you for reminding me to open your pbi file. Didn’t see it in the first time.
Second, " I suspect your problem is that you are not showing the other years on the drillthrough page". Wouldn’t know how cose i never added another besides total values measures. And for this particular one, you know, pbi add to drillthrough the year and date or the customer name, without me doing anything. Like the pic that i’m attaching
And from what i can see, my other measures, Sales LY and Sales L2Y, besides T. Sales, still won’t work even if i change the context, which i did, from dates to customer name. Still not working.
Besides that context, i only have a filter for company and another for year.
Thank you so much @Heather
Capture3
or, this one by dates in the context,
Capture4

using my model (or a simplified version of your own), please try to recreate your problem and then upload it - I need to see the visual you are drilling into - does it include all of the fields you are wanting to return?

1 Like

You were right @Heather
My visual had filters that i didn’t notice.
Thanks a lot

happy to help :slight_smile: