DAX Grand total with Filters

My data is made up of different monthend balance sheet extracts stored under different asatdates and my key report will be making comparisons for the current month against the previous month.

I’m trying to create a ‘Static’ total for the ‘interestbalance’ of all my assets only (as defined by balance sheet clasification) for the current month (as defined by the ‘asatdate’) to be used in future calculations. I want to then build on this to create the same total for the previous month. At the moment I’m getting the ghrand total for the current as at date see below

In simple terms I want to calculate a static total for each ‘as at date’ where the ‘Balance Sheet Classicfication’ is “Assets” only.

Any suggestions or suitable resources where this is explained.

Hi @Simon_Garrett, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.

• When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformated text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much context to a question as possible.

• Include demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @Simon_Garrett, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 31st of October to upload the requested file demo. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please create a new thread for better visibility. Thanks!