DAX equivalent to Excel's SERIES() function

Hey everyone,

I am working on migrating a report that’s built in Excel to a Power BI Report.

The report on Excel uses the SERIES() function. Is there an equivalent function that is available in DAX? I found the GENERATESERIES() DAX function, but I don’t think that’s the DAX equivalent to Excel’s SERIES() function.

Thank you very much for your insights and assistance!

Excel uses a series formula or function to define a data series for a chart. It’s not a worksheet function. This doesn’t apply to a Power BI chart so there is no equivalent… In PBI charts you use dimensions and measures.

What are you aiming to achieve?

Hi @GrapeApe561, did the response provided by @Melissa help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get, and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Hi @GrapeApe561, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 16th of August. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!