DAX comparing dates to return BLANK() based on condition

This is a continuation of my previoius post which I solved in Power Query with the help of the Community Forum.

I have a table that has Start Date and End Date of when an object is checked out. We are using a date slicer to filter the results by a date range which works using SWITCH, TRUE()… but… I want any dates that are not within the slicer range to return a blank date. Regardless of where I put

EndDate < MaxDate, BLANK()

It returns a blank for ALL the other scenarios regardless of the Start Date or End Date. I assume there is a text vs date data type issue but I am not sure how to solve it.

I’ve attached a redacted copy of the report with the table data in Excel.

Many thanks in advance!

Object Issuance.xlsx (76.0 KB) GROUP BY QUERY.pbix (209.7 KB)

Hi @mkaess - Can you please explain the requirement with some sample examples in an excel. I am not able to understand your requirement currently.

Thanks
Ankit J

Hi @mkaess , we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 28th of January. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!