DateAdd Function

I’m struggling to understand why I can not add the two columns together to get a response date for each row. I don’t want to have to establish a relationship between mail date to perform the calculation because that creates issues when I want to review the summary data by the date column that I’m trying to create. I hope this explanation makes sense. I’ve read almost every blog on non contiguous dates…it’s not clicking for me.

Hi @dbrelsford, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.
  • When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformatted text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic
  • Provide as much context to a question as possible.
  • Include the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Please also check the How To Mask Sensitive Data thread for some tips on how to mask your pbix file.

1 Like

@dbrelsford DATEADD is a table function not a Scalar function, do simple Addition operation for adding two columns.

2 Likes

Hi @dbrelsford, did the response provided by @AntrikshSharma help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

1 Like

A response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!

1 Like