Daily Budget Allotment

Hi,

I wanted to check whether I’m doing the budget Allotment correct or not?
I wanted to check when I keep dates for 2018 or no dates in my filter the daily budget allotment is correct. But when I select any other month with 2018 dates my daily budget allocation changes.
Daily Budget Allotent is used as :

Budget Allotment = ( [Day Context] / [Days Year] * [Total Budget] )

If I select any other month the total allotment changes. I believe it should not change the total as the allotment would be in 2018 months only.

Please correct me if I’m doing anything wrong here.

Thanks
Ankit

Hello Ankit,

Check out Sam’s methodology for budget allocation. I am sure it will help.

Hi @kkrj.ankit, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 6th of February. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Hi @kkrj.ankit,

It seems that your calculation are right but only it is adding up on total as you highlighted in Yellow. As there is no date filter context on total, so it is aggregating all. I think the best solution is to hide [Budget Allotment] from total.

First you can create following measure to check if date filter is active or not.

ValidBudget =
NOT(
ISFILTERED( ‘Date’[FullDateAlternateKey]) ||
ISFILTERED( ‘Date’[Month]) ||
ISFILTERED( ‘Date’[MonthNumberOfYear]))

Then you can do following.

[Forecasted Sales ] =
IF(
[ValidBudget],
[Budget Allotment], BLANK()
)

Please let me know if this solution works or you have any other issue in calculation.

2 Likes