Custom Sorting of Conditional Columns

Hi All,

I have around 10 Conditional columns and I’m using them in 10 different matrix.

Is there a way to sort all those columns as I require.
I’m aware that I can assign a rank to them in the query editor and then sort them in visuals. But, can I do multi sort or something to have a custom sort for all the 10 columns?

Thanks,
Ankit

Hi @kkrj.ankit, in Data View, create a column you can use as a sort key, then highlight the other column you want to custom sort, then on Column tools > Sort by column.

Hi @marcster_uk

Thanks for your reply. But as I mentioned I have 10 conditional columns and all of them are unique and are not inter-related so would this work on all the columns?
I doubt that but still will check on it.

Thanks,
Ankit

Hi @kkrj.ankit. Would it be possible for you to post a sample PBIX and a screenshot of your desired output? It will make pursuit of your issue easier. Thanks, Greg

Hi @Greg

Actually I have this kind of sorting for Risk Score:

Whereas the order should be
NA
Less Than 60
61 to 75
76 to 80
81 to 85
86 to 90
More than 90

and for Turnover:

the order should be
NA
Less Than 10 Cr
11 to 50 Cr
51 to 100 Cr and so on.

Similarly, I have 8 more buckets and the sorting is incorrect for those.

So I was looking for the solution around it if any.

Thanks,
Ankit

@kkrj.ankit,

Just go into the query editor and create a sort order “conditional column”. Here is an example of one I do to sort my AR:

** Then just sort your Risk Bucket & Turnover Bucket Columns by the associated Sort Column. So if you have 10 so called buckets, just create 10 Sort Columns to sort each by. Then you can just go in and hide the sort order columns in report view**

Thanks
Jarrett

3 Likes

@kkrj.ankit,

Marking this as solved since there has been no reply. Let me know if you think this needs to be changed back to not solved.

Thanks
Jarrett