Custom Fiscal Calendar and Previous YTD

Hi,

I have a series of time intelligence measures working with my dataset. The one which is not working is my “Sales PYTD - Fiscal 445” measure.

Indeed, the “Sales PYTD - Fiscal 445” measure is so very close to being accurate, but I can detail examples of where both row level and totals are not accurate. I’ve used your excellent videos/examples on both PYTD and custom calendars to get as close as I am, but my skills to “step through” a given measure to pinpoint the problem haven’t been fruitful.

I’m attaching the updated PBIX, its source file, a snapshot of the Fiscal 4-4-5 calendar table with pertinent dates, a worksheet of the two Sales reps and their respective sales orders, and a “Further Details” document to illustrate the problematic results with the ‘Sales PYTD - Fiscal 445’ measure. I believe “Further Details” has the most direct info re: the problem with the measure.

FYI, ‘Sales PYTD v2 - Fiscal 445’ was a different attempt to achieve the expected result, but triggers a different set of unexpected results.

Thank you for taking a look at getting the valid/expected results from the Sales PYTD - Fiscal 445 measure.

Kevin

Sample DNA Dataset for PYTD with Custom Fiscal Calendar.pbix (431.4 KB)
[Enterprise Calendar Analysis.xlsx|attachment]
(upload://vPHcRySXOP0UsqFmVuIzPtrOIub.xlsx) (51.4 KB)
PYTD Measure - Further Details.docx (252.2 KB)
PowerBI_Sample_Dataset.xlsx (46.1 KB)
PowerBI_Sample_Dataset Analysis.xlsx (47.0 KB)

Hi @kkieger, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.

• When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformated text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much context to a question as possible.

• Include demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @kkieger,

So for troubleshooting issues like these I always start by returning all the variables one by one.

The LastSaleDate returned an ‘unexpected’ result.
Amended the calculation so it returns the actual last sale date.

and checked the results with the desired outcome…

I hope this is helpful.

3 Likes

Hi @kkieger, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!

Awesome. 100% solved!!

1 Like