Cumulative Sales with no floor date

My problem is that for my cumulative sales graph to work I have to show all dates on the graph. I’d like to only be able to show the last 8 qrts and show the cumulative sales of all time up until those qtrs.
In the pictures you can see total cumulative sales all time is over 7M, however if I filter the dates on the x-axis for the last 8 qtrs it shows cumulative sales around 2M. How do I get that cumulative sales to show 7M with only the last 8qtrs selected.

Is the Dax I’m using rn

ARR =
CALCULATE( [Total Sales],
FILTER( ALLSELECTED( ‘fin FactTransactionActivity’ ),
‘fin FactTransactionActivity’[DimReportDateID] <= MAX( ‘fin FactTransactionActivity’[DimReportDateID] )
)
)

Thank you!!

Hi @Mwoody_05

To help us further analyze your current state and visualize your issue, could you please provide as many as you can of:

• Your work-in-progress PBIX file, showing what you’ve tried, using sanitized data if necessary
  • Your dataset as an Excel file (again, sanitized if necessary)
  • A detailed mock-up (marked-up screenshot or Excel file) of your desired outcome.

Also, if you provide DAX in your post, please format it using the built-in formatter.

Greg

_eDNA Forum - Format DAX

Hi @Mwoody_05, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.
  • When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformatted text </>.
  • Use the proper category that best describes your topic
  • Provide as much context to a question as possible.
  • Include the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Please also check the How To Mask Sensitive Data thread for some tips on how to mask your pbix file.

HI @Mwoody_05,

I think you’ll find all you need to resolve this in the Date Harvest Deep dive @BrianJ did.
You’ll find a line to that here

I hope this is helpful

I figured it out