Cumulative budget calcs with dynamic start date

Hi - my question is about how to expand on the above excellent tutorial.

I want to be able to generate budget projections as per this tutorial and have the ability to dynamically change the start and end date of the calculation range using the input from a slicer.

Right now the slicer will slice on a range and bring back the cumulative value at the start of the range.
I would like the cumulative value day 1 to be the $1500 (Daily Budget) and day 1 to be passed in by a slicer selection.

Template.pbix (107.6 KB)

Hi @jsavage

I’d highly recommend adding a date table and creating a relationship between that and your data, @Melissa 's is great:
Extended Date Table (Power Query M function) - M Code Showcase - Enterprise DNA Forum

I then created this measure:

Cumulative Budget 2 = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM( Metrics[Daily Budget] ),
    FILTER( ALLSELECTED( Dates[Date] ),
    Dates[Date] <= MAX(Dates[Date] ) ) )

And changed the axis on the chart and the slicer to use the Date column from the Date table.

Please find the pbix below, hope this helps!

Template.pbix (227.7 KB)

2 Likes

thanks appreciate your work

This is excellent thank you so much Jamie

Hi @jsavage, it’s great to know that you are making progress with your query. Please be reminded that asking more than one question in a forum thread and asking question after question in the same forum thread around the same project or piece of development work is considered inappropriate.

You can create a separate thread for your other questions related to this inquiry so that other users can easily check the details of your queries.

For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread. More details can be found here - Asking Questions On The Enterprise DNA Support Forum

yes thanks for the reminder - will do