Criteria from Multiple Dimension Tables

I am tasked with grouping some customers based on criteria related to certain fields that are spread across 3 of my dimension tables.

The letters below are an example of the fields in each dimension table that I need to look at to determine the group.

Partner (Dimension) = A, B,
Customer (Dimension) = C, D
Team (Dimension)= E, F

What is the best way for me to accomplish this type of grouping?

Should I create a new table by merging queries using only fields A, B, C, D, E, F? Then in the new table create a calculated column with a SWITCH statement or a conditional column?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

=
ADDCOLUMNS (
    SUMMARIZECOLUMNS (
        Parterner[Column],
        Customer[Column],
        Team[Column]
    ),
    "Conditional Column", SWITCH ()
)

Thanks! My SWITCH statement will end up being extremely long, but I don’t see any other option.

Will this solution allow me to add a slicer based on the Conditional Column output?

That is my end goal.

Yes you can use as a slicer but I can’t say that you will get the exact result you want without looking at the data, because there won’t be a relationship between this table and the rest of the model.

Agreed … a PBIX would help greatly. In the meantime, and without any background, here’s the basics of using a disconnected table in a dynamic grouping technique that, once extended, could possibly get you where you want without a SWITCH statement.

Good luck.

Greg

Thanks for posting your question @acnyc88. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hi @acnyc88, did the response provided by @Greg and @AntrikshSharma help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Hi All - I attempted to go the virtual table route, but it was affecting my model’s performance. Instead, I was able to accomplish what I needed by adding a Conditional Column to both my dimension and fact table.

This can be marked as solved. Thanks for the assistance!