Connecting to a folder

Good day

I have a question regarding connecting to a folder to get my data in power bi / query. I have multiple excel files which are automatically saved in a folder. I will like to import the files from the folder without combining them together but so that they are separate in power bi/query.

Is this possible?

Regards
Allan

Give this a whirl. Avi is pretty good

Guy

Hi , we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 5th of March. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!5

Thank you very much, I was able to use the solution along with the following you tube video to make the transformations.

Regards
Allan

Hello Forum:

I previously asked a question on a Dax calculation in the Financials Reporting in Power BI but that is solved. I mistook a measure named Expenses with a Variable with the same or similar name!

I do have a question specific to this course which I am appreciating tremendously.

In the scenario we are working with how do the sales transactions and expense data get updated on an ongoing basis? Or perhaps it’s weekly or monthly. I am wondering if you would set up the data in folders to be added to and refreshed or is the models intention to have tables append, etc.

This is a fantastic course and i’d like work with this technique but want to if there is anything in particular with keeping this model current with templates and all?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Bill S.