Connect to Postgres Archive DB File

Hi All,

A third party has sent me an archive file of a postgres DB. I thought i would be able to restore it via SSMS and then connect Power BI to it. THis did not work and came up with errors. I know there is a connector for a postgres DB (we tried this via VPN and it didnt work hence why they sent me the backup file).

Any advice on what i need to do to the file to be able to connect it to Power BI?

Cheers,

Andrew

Bumping this post for more visibility.

Hi @Hitman

Can’t help with the Backup file, however if you can share the issue with connecting to PostGres directly then may be able to help.

Thanks
Ankit J

Thanks for input @ankit

Managed to get it working and for anyone else with the same problems it came down to certification. I needed to import the certificate into the windows certificate store. Interested to know if anyone else has had this issue before or needed to do it. Was a first for me…

Hi @Hitman, did the response provided by @ankit help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @Hitman, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since Aug 5. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @Hitman, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”.

If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.