Conditional column from another table

Hi, I have a table showing Hours booked in time system. I have another table which defines the custom period that these hours belong to based on a start / stop date (which is not always 1st or last day of the month)

Is it possible to add a conditional column to my hours table so that I can group my hours by the custom period in the second table.

I have attached a couple of pictures to show what I mean. Any tips or help would be very much appreciated :slight_smile:
Conditional column from another table…pdf (126.5 KB)

Hi Mark, reference the PMR table, change the start date Column name to Date, mark this column and the PMR Periond Name column and remomve other columns. Then append the main table.
Sort Date ascending and fill down the Period name column.
Filter out the PMR rows (easy as they are empty in all other columns). Done.
Regards,
Matthias

2 Likes

Hi @lvlandmark, did the response provided by @Matthias help in solving your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi Matthias, thank you so much for suggesting this method.

I have been travelling a bit recently but finally got time to sit down and try it out and it worked perfectly first time. Tip top idea and much appreciation from me to you :slight_smile:

1 Like