% column in matrix

Hello,

I am trying to do % of all in a column for ethnicity. I know I can do it with use of “ALL” function as per below video by Sam. But I am looking for to use it in Matrix - which has 2-3 levels - Ethnicity/Gender etc…

Basically, I am looking for column in Matrix - so after Total column, I need one more column as % of Total and it will be like:
188/20,768 = 0.9%

I can’t think of a native visual that would allow for this - you can have more than one total column, IF you have more than one value column. But that would be useless.

Perhaps this is a job for a custom visual? (I have not yet found one in my research)
Or, a separate visual with the percentage info?
Or, could you include the percentage in a tooltip?

Honestly - I think for my preference, I like the tooltip best, you could even use a custom tooltip for this.

@rit372002 That’s a very simple calculation if you can share the power bi file?

Hello @rit372002 , as the experts said above, a PBIX file would be beneficial.

Providing one will help users and experts find a solution to your inquiry faster and better.

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

Not completing your data may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @rit372002, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since September 23.

We waited for the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details. Due to inactivity, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.