Change Table values based ofbookmark selection

Hi All,

I have 2 bookmarks on a page that automatically can be switched between Fiscal Yr & Cal Year slicers. Both the dates are coming from a master dates table.

I also various other cards and visualizations with drillthrough options. I no want to display the drillthrough filters applied in the drillthrough page. I have all the DAX measures for this and it comes out well in the table.

My question is is there a way I can switch the drill through filter table values to only show either Fiscal year or cal year by passing a value from the bookmark?

i.e-if I drill through from the Fiscal bookmark i want to show only only fiscal year selected in the drillthrough summary table and vice versa.

Currently it shows both and i can’t figure out how i switch depending on which bookmark the drilldown came from.

I found this post to be useful but wondering if there is a better way?

Thanks in Advance

After some playing around I created a disconnected table and selected that value on the visual in the bookmark to pass that value down to the drillthrough page.

Would still be interested to know if there are any other elegant methods.

@adsa ,

The way you described above is exactly the way I would’ve recommended to do it. Looping in @MudassirAli to see if he has any thoughts on how this might be done via calculation groups.

– Brian

@adsa Drill.pbix (239.7 KB)

See if this is what you want

@AntrikshSharma will try is out tomorrow when I’m back in the office!

Thanks

Thanks, @adsa , I have bookmarked your solution. Seems to be useful to my planned project.

1 Like

@AntrikshSharma Tried your method, very similar to what’ve done except I used selected value to change the values from the disconnected table values.

I don’t see this in your measure table so I’m guessing you’ve used calculation groups? If so can you please provide a step by step on how you achieved this?

Thanks

Just realised that you have already covered this content in your Tabular Editor Course. I will go through the course first and then post if I have any questions.

@adsa

1. First I created Calculation Group named Drill where the Calculation Item returns a measure in report, the name Calculation Item is same as name of the measure.
  2. Then used the column from Calculation Group in the Filters Pane > Filters on this page
  3. Then created 2 bookmarks with the names of the measures and a none bookmark to reset, each bookmark has the state of the report where the measure which is displayed is also the name of the bookmark.
  4. Implemented Button with Drill Through feature with destination as Drill

@AntrikshSharma Your steps worked like a charm but had this question:

In your example if looking at the name slicer from the drill table I can see it has ‘Sales Amount’ & ‘Total Quantity’. Is there a way to also filter this selection within the calculation group? i.e- if Quantity was blank or 0 then don’t show ‘Total Quantity’ as a selection in the slicer.

Thanks