Builds 23 "Health & Substance Abuse Report Analysis"

@FPastor

Hello All,

WELCOME TO CHALLENGE 23.

“Health - Substance Abuse Data Analysis”

We are excited to introduce Challenge 23 now!

Challenge 22 “ Hotel Revenue Management ” was succeeded by 51 entries, 200+ analysis pages, 375+ DAX measures, and 100+ Navigation buttons, bookmarks, and Tooltips. Thanks for everyone’s engagement and dedication.

EDNA data challenge LinkedIn Group:

Support Resources:

Challenge Forum:

Previous challenge highlights:

Categories

Experts & Previous Winners – EDNA Experts and Previous Challenge Winners

Overall, Winner - all entrants are eligible.

First Time Participant winner - open to any Enterprise DNA member who is taking part in the challenge for the first time.

Winning Non-member - open to entrants not currently eDNA members.

Out of the Box Thinker - for those digging deep into their analysis.

Creative Head - for those bringing a bit of extravagance into their report and analysis.

Prizes

There are some excellent prizes on offer from free membership (for all category winners) and more – much more!!

Free Subscriptions to Enterprise DNA on Demand.

5 Likes

The Brief

After rolling out an excellent Hotel Revenue Management challenge, we are announcing Challenge 23.

“Health – Substance Abuse Data Analysis”

About the dataset

One Excel Workbook – Substance Abuse
PBI file – Data model provided.

Data Dictionary included in the Excel Workbook

Brief in PDF format

Important Read!!

Our project start date is 26/09/2022 and your final reports must be submitted by the 26/10/2022.

Report Developer Role:

It is your job as an analyst to prepare an analysis report about the Substance Abuse dataset. The following questions must be addressed in your report.

1. Compare different hospitalization programs. What conclusion(s) can you draw from it?

2. What are key drivers of different types of primary mental health diagnosis?

3. Demographic analysis about different types of primary mental health diagnosis?

4. What other analysis would you like to have?

5. What other recommendations would you like to make?

Special Client Requirements:

• Client believes that a 1 one page, maximum 2 pages will suffice for this report.
  • Client do not want an Intro Page but suggests instead vertical/horizontal navigation bars or pop-up menu.
  • Not scrollable or fancy shape reports, report must fit well within a page. Preferred size 16:9.

Reports is limited to 2 pages, no other restrictions, or techniques. Feel free to use all the techniques at your disposal – tooltips, drill throughs, page navigations, etc.

That is all for the brief!

Submission of entries

To be considered within the competition, entries are due no later than 11:59pm GMT on 26th October 2022.

Join our challenge group at

How to submit:

Email the completed PBIX file to

powerbichallenge@enterprisedna.co

federico.pastor@enterprisedna.co

Take an image of your report and post it to the Enterprise Challenges Group

Take the image plus URL and post them on LinkedIn tagging Enterprise DNA to say, “I accepted the Enterprise DNA challenge.”

#EDNADataChallenges & #EDNAHealthSubstanceAbuse

We always encourage all participants to do a brief description of how they approach the project, share their experience of participating in the challenge on the forum/social media.

If you need any help with publishing, please reach out to one of the team managers for assistance (post in the forum/LinkedIn group) or email to federico.pastor@enterprisedna.co

Datasets

Dataset 1 - contains a Power BI file fully modelled and ready for action.

ModelledDataset.zip

Dataset 2 - contains an Excel workbook and Enterprise DNA Calendar Table.

UnmodelledDataset.zip

3 Likes

:rotating_light::rotating_light:Attention Participants - Rare Event :rotating_light::rotating_light:

This only happens every, can’t remember last time :laughing: :laughing:

Let’s cheer up David and accompany him all the way to the finish line this time.

Federico

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

I’m on a very dry work call and spotted this on my other screen…struggling to keep a straight face.

@FPastor - You are too funny! Here is a gold star for you :star:

2 Likes

Damn…
@DavieJoe after a long time…

3 Likes

I know…I know… :ninja:

2 Likes

@DavieJoe ,

I was beginning to worry that you were Roy Hobbs in “The Natural”. Fantastic debut, then gets shot by Kim Basinger, and disappears for 20 years before his triumphant return. :laughing:

• Brian
3 Likes

It would’ve been a VERY different film if I had been in it or if the subject matter was Power BI Reporting :joy:

“David, you forgot to hide the visual level filters and you didn’t create a Measures folder, unacceptable” :gun: :gun: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

can’t open rar extensions :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @Keith … it’s a zipped file … you can grab 7zip for free if you don’t have it (that’s what I did). @FPastor?
Greg

1 Like

Hi @Greg, When I download the file it goes into adobe file for some reason. I don’t understand why it automatically went into adobe extension.
thanks for your reply
Keith

2 Likes

No problem for me; right-clicked the file in Windows Explorer then chose “Extract here” from the 7zip menu.
Greg

1 Like

thanks again @Greg for your guidance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
i have a doubt for challenge #23, i don’t get the difference between MEDICAL CONDITION (from 1 to 4) connected with the medical dim_condition ( Anxiety, depresion, .etc) and the field Chronic medical condition ( from 0 - 3)
thanks for clarifying
veronica

2 Likes

@Veronica

Hi Vero,

1 to 4 is just an index number used to remove the medical condition table from the fact table and replace with this Medical condition Key ( for the data model) also a sort order if you need to.

I prefer to take all dimmessions from the fact table forcing you to use the dimession tables for filtering.

0 to 3 the number of chronic conditions a patient has.

I hope this helps,

Federico

1 Like

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I am trying to make sense of data dictionary provided within a package and struggling to properly comprehend what is implied within conditions to get enrolled in mental health treatment.

For example, I understood that “Primary mental health diagnosis; a diagnosis is required for enrollment in mental health treatment” means that patient needs to get diagnosed to get enrolled for treatment.
However, I get confused when I am trying to relate it with “Primary substance use diagnosis; no substance use disorder is required for enrollment in mental health treatment”. Does that mean that patient gets admitted even if no substance use disorder was observed? Every patient within dataset has both mental health diagnosis and substance use, but 2 statements from above imply that every patient could have either problem, but not necessarily another. Is “mental health treatment” influenced by “substance use diagnosis”?

Same applies to “Number of chronic medical conditions; no medical diagnoses are required for enrollment in mental health treatment”.
Are we talking about psychical chronic diseases or chronic diseases in general?
Could you, please, elaborate more on these statements?
Hope I explained myself in understandable manner, but let know if my question is not clear.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Said

2 Likes

@saidk

Honestly I have no idea how American Hospital “Programme centers” work in this regards. The data was provided to some Health Analysts for real work interviews. Other than this I am afraid I can’t help you.

Don’t dwell on in, just try to get as much out of the data as you can and answer the questions in the brief.

Regards,

Federico Pastor

2 Likes

Understood. Thank you for your reply.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, this is an entry submitted by Aman Singh via email.

Here’s how Aman Singh described it:

This is my submission to Enterprise DNA Challenge 23,I hope you like it"

You can view the full report here
Aman Singh

Please feel free to give Aman Singh your feedback on his report.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, this is an entry submitted by Moise Garret via email.

Here’s how Moise Garret described it:

I’m new to the Challenges but wanted to try something before get too busy with Budget season coming. So, here’s my try, basic but I’m learning. I hope you like it.

You can view the full report here
Moise Garret

Please feel free to give Moise Garret your feedback on his report.

4 Likes