Builds 19 - Call Centres Data Reporting

Hi guys

Striking while the iron is hot here and getting the submission finished off. Reckon I’m one of the first submitters. The good fortune of being semi-retired I guess :slightly_smiling_face:

Unlike my golf swing, this challenge submission is for sure a case of getting better with practice. But I’m sure those Experts, R and Deneb guys will have something we can all learn from that’ll wipe the socks off my submission.

The journey was something like this:

• Found a nice dark theme which also offered some good contrasting colours while still looking quite 2022. (Shout out to @BrianJ here - got the theme from PBI tools after watching your video on external tools.)

• Perfected the help piece and put it in my own template for future use with clients.

• Thought I’d cracked off bookmarks but couldn’t get two independant bookmark navigators to work/sync properly

• Incorporated Pascal Kiefer’s click to dial as my custom visual bit. I thought HTML was a bit too much <?><?></?></?> for me but I managed to go off on a mini tour of KTeams website and learnt a bit of HTML to make the free visual a bit smarter. I can see some real world use cases for this.

• Used sparklines for the first time. ( not overly exciting but they do add a bit to the table)

• Getting time in Hrs mins and sec was a bit funky but persevered.

@FPastor - When you get the PBIX you’ll see a hidden page called Pete’s thoughts. It goes into my journey in a bit more depth than above. As a thought starter for future challenges it might be good for entrants to put a page like this into their PBIX. Then the trainers might pick up some stuff to showcase/video.

Link to App below
EDNA Call Centre

Good Luck everybody else
Pete

5 Likes

@BINavPete

Thank you and than you for calling David to order!!!

I love it and yes it is better than the last one and the next one will be flipping amazing. A winner in the making.

Thank you for the shot and can’t wait to see your final entry.

Federico

1 Like

@BINavPete

Thanks for participating in Challenge 19 and them time and effort put into it.

I want to open the file right now but reading your commentary and suggestion, I will do later with more time, so please expecte a reply from me about your suggestion or better let’s see if it shows up for the next Challenge.

Once more thank you and best of luck!!

Federico Pastor

1 Like

Lots to like Pete and a big leap forward! Will have a proper nosey later on for further inspiration!

1 Like

Hi,

It was challenging - it’s my first challenge - first struggling with file downloads, then with new PowerBI version (it was bad idea to install it in the middle of the Challenge). Finally I managed to find out some features that I need in old version and now format part is all shuffled. Also I had problem with JSON Theme change (find beautiful colors but some didn’t work in PBI (in Python work perfect). I used some Sam’s course example and change what I can. Of course , additional extra work pop up. Since, I don’t have no more free time this week I am sending print screen as it is:

Good luck everyone.

Maja

4 Likes

Hi Guys!

Here it is my screenshot. This is not from the main page, because it still can suffer some changes, so I decided to share with you “TimeTable Overview” since is finished.

I’m so excited because it’s my first ever challenge participation and I put a lot of effort into it.

I can’t wait to submit the final version, yet there are a lot of functionalities that can’t be noticed with a simple screenshot, and some of them are slightly hidden. I’ll try to provide as details as possible when submitting!

I hope you like it :slight_smile:

PD: I put the cart before the horse and I began the report with the “In-depth Analysis” page because I wanted to practice with a 3D Scatterplot in R… When finished, I realized that R visual objects are not allowed in “Publish to Web”, so I decided not to use R in this report. As a consequence, I share with you the screenshot of this R 3D Scatterplot.

Good luck everyone!

7 Likes

@mspanic

Thank you for your post and screenshot, it looks really good. I can’t wait to see your final entry.

Regards,

Federico

1 Like

@BernatDuran

Wow, it looks amazing. Excellent entry!!!

I can’t wait to see your full report and its functionalities.

Excellent first entry!!!

Regards,

Federico

2 Likes

“Don’t forget to email your PBIX file to powerbichallenge@enterprisedna.co and post the publish to web link of your entry on the forum.”

So does that mean I publish it where I work or can I publish it somewhere else?

Oh my this looks awesome! No where near is mine close to this.

2 Likes

Hi everyone

As per the requirements of the challenge, I am posting a snapshot of one of the pages of my report here.

4 Likes

Cover page for Challenge 19.

4 Likes

@Alvi

Thank you for the screenshot and participating in Challenge 19. It looks great, I can’t wait to see your final solution.

Once more thanks and best of luck!!!

Federico

1 Like

@Scott

Thanks for the screenshot and participating in Challenge 19. The intro looks great, if the report looks the same it is going to be great!!!

I can’t wait to see your full solution.

Once more thank you and best of luck.

Federico

1 Like

Hey Ibarron20, don’t worry about how other reports look…focus on yours. I am sure it will be as good as this one or the other ones.

Regards,

Federico

1 Like

My plan for this challenge was to carry out the work this weekend and next but then Mark Phoney, EDNA Call Centre CEO wanted a project update. All I can publish is a very rough draft of the Home Page as I’m still in the data discovery phase.

4 Likes

@DavieJoe

Thank you David, intro page looks great!!

Can’t wait to see the full report.

Federico

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I share a screenshot of one of the pages of the report that I am developing for the Enterprise DNA Challenge 19 -Call Centers Data Reporting.

It is the first challenge in which I participate, so I hope you like it and good luck for the rest of the participants.

Regards,

6 Likes

Hello

A bit late but here it goes…

Still a lot of work to do, got stuck with some technical issues, but this simple screenshot is just to show our client, CEO Mark Phoney that we are working on it :wink: .
Hope to make a lot of improvements till next week.

Also, as a beginner, this is my first shot in a challenge. So, this is also to let go of my fears. Only god knows how difficult it was to click that send button. :grin:

5 Likes

@Josimar_Biosse everyone has to do something for the first time and nobody was born an expert. Like the look of your report already, I’ve no doubt you’ll do a fine job!

1 Like