Power BI Challenge 14 - Emergency Services Analytics

Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated!

I will be submitting a wk 14 response, but I seriously doubt it will be in time of the deadline. My actual work takes priority, sadly :-(. With that being said I will post something as close to real-world as our company uses daily, not that it will be any better than the AMAZING ones you all have submitted.

If I post after the deadline, will it still show up here, or can I send to Brian/Sam and they will post if they want?

3 Likes

Some absolutely fantastic entries so far. Well done everyone.

3 Likes

@cwnoll ,

Feel free to post absolutely any time. Some people come back to challenges they missed months after the challenge deadline, which is absolutely fine and encouraged. And if you need it published to the web, just send me a copy of your PBIX file to brian.julius@enterprisedna.co and I will gladly send you back the link to the report in the Service.

• Brian
2 Likes

Here is my first submission in eDNA challenges. I did not find the time before to participate but I definitively believe that this is one of the best ways to explore new horizons, learn and develop new skills.

By working on this project, I got to know the New Zealand better and these holidays for example or the peak hours in Auckland.

This challenge allowed me to improve my knowledge on the date table. and I used a time table for the first time. I also let me to explore the “Force-Directed Graph” custom visual.

Of course, I still have a lot to improve and even learn.

Link to the report

Best Regards
Mehdi

9 Likes

Make sure to post the images, so we can see your work within the forum post.

2 Likes

Just finished up my own submission for the challenge.

I’ve kept it short and to the point on this one.

Nothing to fancy on the visualization side but enables the user to walk through all the data and make there own assessments.

I decided to tell the story of the data through the hospital selections

There’s plenty more that could be built into this report. It has a solid setup. Another developer could easily pick this up and make many customizations. Continuity is key.

The biggest improvement I can still make which really stands out to me is the details and text around some of the insights. Just to make it clearer what consumers are actually looking at. Easily improved though.

Publish to web link

Enjoy

6 Likes

Super report, well done

2 Likes

This is my submission for the challenge.

Online Version

5 Likes

@DavieJoe, the graph on slide 3 showing the distribution of calls is awesome. Where did you find it?

4 Likes

Hi, please find my post attached for Challenge 14.

I accepted the #EnterpriseDNAPowerBIChallenge

Challenge 14 Steven Stanford.pbix (940.9 KB)

7 Likes

It’s a custom visual called Bowtie

1 Like

Very elegant visual and easy to set up. Thanks @DavieJoe

1 Like

Thank you, very kind. I’ve just seen your submission this morning. Incredible submission, colour scheme works really well, and visually so clean. I’ll be taking some tips from that for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Sam, thanks for the kind words much appreciated. Humbled for you to say you’d take some tips from my report. I actually took quite a few tips and influence from @MudassirAli and his submission for Power BI Challenge 10 - Supplier Insight from Mudassir - Challenge Updates - Enterprise DNA Forum

Check it out if you can.

Thanks again

David

2 Likes

Thank you very much @sam.mckay

Really like it @MehdiH great job!

1 Like

Hi challengers,
You made awesome reports and blowing charts that gave me ideas to improve my work and I will definitely work on a version 2. Thank you so much for that.

4 Likes

Thank you so much @DavieJoe

1 Like

Hi @DavieJoe ,
Your report is very interesting and efficient, I like the theme, the toggle buttons to switch between views on the same page and of course the Bowtie custom visual because I was just looking for some think like that.

1 Like