Calculating unique minutes worked each day

Hi everyone,

I’m looking to calculate how many minutes an employee has worked each day.
The issue I’m having is that employees can log tickets of their time spent each day that overlap. I don’t want to double count minutes that overlap.
Additionally, I want to exclude breaks (i.e. time/minutes not logged between tickets).

As a starting point, I have created a time table, that includes every hour, minute and second (hh-mm-ss) of a given day (24 hours). When I try calculating the number of distinct seconds between the max finish time and min start time of each date, unfortunately it is not excluding break times (times not logged between tickets that don’t overlap).

See an example below of a given day worked:
Time

Many thanks,

Hello @Jeff91,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

Well it’s always best to upload the working PBIX file onto the forum so that members can assist you in a better and efficient manner. But to get things started I’m providing few of the links below where members had posted the similar type of queries and how the solutions were provided to them.

If that doesn’t solve your problem then you can upload the PBIX file onto the forum.

Hoping you find this useful and meets your requirements that you’ve been looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Note:

1. To view the entire post, please click onto the link and not onto the “expand/collapse” button.

2. You can also download the working PBIX files from the links provided below.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Hi @Jeff91, did the response provided by @Harsh help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Apologies for my delayed response.

Thanks for letting me know, I have attached a PBIX file for reference
Distinct times logged.pbix (697.6 KB)

Many thanks in advance!

Hi @Jeff91.

Thanks for the PBIX, but there weren’t any attempts at calculations (measures nor calculated columns) or visuals in your file, only raw data. To help the forum members in their analyses, please upload your work-in-progress PBIX file with the visual you are having an issue with, and a marked-up screenshot showing the desired outcome and where your work-in-progress measure(s) falls down.
Greg

Hi @Jeff91 I hope that you are having a great experience using the Support Forum so far. We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Distinct times logged.pbix (697.6 KB)

Hi @Jeff91! We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now. We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum. However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out tutorials to learn this yourself as your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!