Calculating the difference bewteen two time stamps

Hi we are having trouble calculating the difference between the start and stop time of an operation as a measure. Can anyone offer advise?

Example is start time 6:00 finish time 6:25 therefore it took 25 mins. Can this be completed as a measure or do we have to create a new column for each timeframe?

Time dif

Hi @ray,

As a quick thought…
Try DATEDIFF. You may need to set the Start and End Time fields to Date/Time format.
DATEDIFF([Start Time], [End Time], MINUTE)

Hello @ray,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

As @marcster_uk suggested, you can try this by using the DATEDIFF function. Few days back similar type of query was posted by one of our member onto the forum. And below is the link provided for the reference about how the solution was achieved by using the DATEDIFF function.

Time Scheduled - 2

I’m also providing the working of the Excel as well as the PBIX file for the reference.

Hoping you find this useful and meets your requirements that you’ve looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please Note: Just click on the link to view the entire post and not on the expand/collapse button.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Time Scheduled.xlsx (9.0 KB)

Time Scheduled.pbix (42.0 KB)

Hello @ray,

In the above post I’d calculated it by adding one more column. Similarly, you can also calculate it using the measure. Below is the screenshot provided for the reference -

Also attaching the working of the PBIX file for the reference.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Time Scheduled - Harsh v2.pbix (42.5 KB)

Thank you all for your help we will work through and see how we progress :slight_smile:

Thank you I will give it a go

Hi @ray, thanks for posting your query here. A comment to this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow-up question on this post, kindly untick the Solution box and post your comment. However, to make your question more visible, we suggest creating a new thread.

Please don’t forget to share your feedback in the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey to help us further improve the Support forum. Thanks!