Calculating First Year Sales

Hi All - I am attempting to show the Cumulative Sales for a Partner ONLY within the Calendar Year that the Partner registered . I have the following information in my table(s).

I have 3 years of daily sales data, 2018, 2019, and 2020.

Partner Registration Date (MM/DD/YYYY)
Partner Name
Total Sales

In a matrix, my data should look like this:
Month
Create year Jan Feb Mar
2018 $100 $350 $500
2019 $125 $225 $333
2020 $130 $270 $444

My end goal is to show a Line Chart visual in which the Axis is the Month name, the Legend is the Partner Creation Year (2018, 2019, and 2020), and the Values are the Cumulative Sales of the partners.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would do the normal cumulative measure adding the following condition in the filter Calendar(Year)= YEAR(Partner Registration Date ) (besides Calendar(Date) <MAX(Calendar(Date)).

It would be easier if you could upload a file with a model and a sample dataset for testing purposes

Yes please provide a sample file so we can help.
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for posting your question @acnyc88. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

1 Like