Calculating daily budget by segment from quarterly forecast

Hi everyone,
I’ve followed the tutorials and setup a sales report that we want to use for management.
I would like to see our current sales compared to budget so I can show if we are ahead or behind target.
I get a budget table like this per quarter and segment.

I load it into the query editor and unpivot it to get the costs per segment and quarter in a table.

I want to use this data to calculate a daily budget and use it in multiple ways (for example cumulated sales per months vs budget as a linear increasing line)
When I setup the connection to the date table, I get the problem that it is a multi to multi connection.

BI3

What would be the recommendation to get the correct daily budget filtered.
Thanks,
Nico

@nico,

This was the exact topic that Enterprise DNA Expert @haroonali1000 developed as Problem of the Week #4. I’m certain if you work through his intro video and solution video in this thread, it will give you all the information you need to develop the daily granularity you’re looking for.

-Brian

1 Like

@BrianJ
Awesome. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will take a look and hopefully you will never hear from me again (at least regarding this topic :slight_smile:)
Thanks a lot!!!
Nico

@nico,

Happy to help. FYI – the same question came up over the weekend with another member, and we also talked about how you could potentially incorporate a seasonality or other weighting adjustment into this type of calculation. Wanted to pass that along if it happened to be relevant for you as well.

– Brian

Hi @nico, did the response provided by @BrianJ help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @nico, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 4th of March. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @Nico, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hi @EnterpriseDNA,
Apologies for the late reply. We had some issues with database connectivity and I wasn’t able to work much with PowerBI and therefore haven’t checked the forum in a while.
I followed @BrianJ advice and was able to get a nice and working solution.
Thanks again for the help!!!
Nico