Alexs Thompson is the Director of Data Strategy from O’Reilly Auto Parts. Prior to this, he has worked for Hallmark Cards for more than 5 years as a Analytics Strategy Director, Data Engineering Director and as a Data Scientist.
In the episode, he talks about what it takes to build a successful data strategy. According to him, the strategy to take in order to get executive sponsorship is by starting small and showing quick wins that will decrease or eliminate an organization’s inefficiencies.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- Alexs Thompson’s Background in Analytics
- The Importance of Context over surface level metrics
- How to Build a Data Strategy
- How to Get Executive Sponsorship
- Data Stewardship
- Key Pillars for Building Data Culture for Organizations
- Improving Data Literacy
- Tech Stacks in the Analytics Space
- Data Ownership
- Upcoming Trends in the Analytics Space
Tune in to Apple Podcast to listen to the whole episode.
This Analytic Mind Podcast episode is likewise available in the Enterprise DNA Education Platform.
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, leave a review, and share the podcast