Here’s how I would approach this scenario. The key is to put the Budgets and Actuals into a single table. I did that using Power Query. To do that, I created staging tables for Budgets and Actuals with the same six columns:
Material Requistion No
Purchase Requisition No
Budget Released Amount
You can see in the Query Editor that I had to populate blank for actuals fields on my budget staging tables and vice versa. Then, I appended the two together into a single fact table.
Everything else was pretty much as you did in your output file. I built the same matrix visual with the same basic key measures. The only change is to the two Savings measures. I checked if it is a total row by using the HASONEVALUE function. That really cleans up the presentation of those columns to me.
Output File MH2.pbix (30.2 KB)