Budget Allocation Variation Allocating Budgeted Time over Workdays

Hi,
I have tried to re-word my post to be more specific. I am new to Power BI and using forums so I apologise if I am unclear.

I am trying to solve an issue which I think is a variation of the budget allocation models in this forum. To provide some background I have am trying to develop a measure to be able to allocate a budgeted amount of time that falls between two dates. For example I have a job that has come in and I have estimated that the job will take 9 hours to complete and this job is scheduled to be done between two dates (i.e 1/July/2020 to 25/Aug/2020) The work can only be done on workdays.

As there are a large number of jobs in our database I want to be able to use this budget allocation to build up a picture of the overall time needed to complete these jobs within the scheduled dates.

I have been working with Sam’s model and modifying it to try and get the time allocation down to a day allocation level. But the problem I have is that my measure is only providing the granularity for 1 day rather than allocation the time evenly over the work days between the 1/7/2020 to 25/8/2020.

I think I am missing a key part of the measure but I am stuck on how to write it to allocate over each day in the time period. This is the measure I have so far:

Job Budget Time Allocation = 
VAR DayInContext = COUNTROWS(Dates)
VAR BudgetedJobDays =  SUM('Job Budget'[Job Budget Days])
RETURN
IF(HASONEVALUE((Dates[Date])),
DIVIDE(DayInContext,BudgetedJobDays,0)*[Budgeted Job Time],0)

So my end goal is to be able to allocate the Total Time Budgeted over the Time Period allocated to form something like this:

I have included a cut down version of my model which I hope will help.DatesBetweenModel.pbix (150.9 KB)

Thank You.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Time to Complete Budget Allocation